Board Review Books
The Library maintains a large collection of books to aid students studying for exams and boards. These books are all cataloged in the Rowan Library catalog, and also listed by title and subject tags in LibraryThing. Items from the Board Review Collection may checked out of the Library for 1 week and cannot be renewed. A fine $1.00 per day, per item is assesed for overdue Board Revew items. A maximum of 2 items can be borrowed at a time.
LibraryThing.com is an online service that allows members to catalog books. It also allows for comments, tags and links to other members who have cataloged the same book. If Amazon.com sells the book, the information is in the book's webpage record. To add reviews or tag books in the Board Review Collection, or add books to their own library, students need to become a LibraryThing member. It is very simple.
Go to LibraryThing (http://www.librarything.com/) (If you want to you can "Take the tour" to read a little bit about the different features of LibraryThing.)
- Sign up for an account. All you need is a user name and password. That's all!
- Add books to your library
- Just type in the title, author, or ISBN to search.
- Select your book from the list that pops up on the right. You can search Amazon or the Library of Congress
- Tag your books -You can add tags to your books when you are building your library, or by clicking the pencil icon next to the record.
- Write reviews of your books
- To write a review of a book, you have to click on the pencil icon next to the book on your library page.