Cool Tools and Helpful Web Sites
- 300 Calorie Picture Gallery - HealthAssist offers pictures of how much of certain foods you can have for 300 calories.
- About the Endocrine System - EndocrineWeb explains the endocrine system.
- Debate Builds over Regulation of Bisphenol A and Other Endocrine Disruptors - Interesting article from the journal Scientific American.
- Diabetes and Meal Planning Tutorial - Patient Education Institute and the National Library of Medicine offer this.
- Diabetes Dictionary - From the National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse.
- Diabetes Drugs - Consumer Reports issues a list of the more affordable options.
- Diabetes Public Health Resource - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Welcome to the online newsroom for CDC’s Division of Diabetes Translation, which turns research into practical advice for diabetes care and prevention. While here, you can access current and archived press releases, facts about diabetes and information about our work, as well as sign up to receive press releases and other updates by e-mail.
- Diabetes Self-Management Tools - The American Diabetes Association offers a handful of tools for diabetic patients.
- DiabeticLivingOnline - The site offers recipes, meal and snack ideas, support for newly diagnosed diabetics, and plenty of tools.
- Directory of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Organizations - The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases has compiled this directory.
- Division of Metabolism and Endocrinology Products (DMEP) - Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- e-Anatomy: Human Anatomy, Medical Imaging and Illustrations - e-Anatomy is an anatomical database providing more than 3,000 images of the human body. It provides cross-sectional, gross, and radiological anatomy derived from various types of medical imaging, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT) scans. (The Rowan University community has access to the free and premium content.)
- Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders - The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals covers this material.
- Endocrine Disorders - EndocrineWeb offers this look at various diseases and disorders.
- Endocrine Disruptor Screening Program - Learn more about this program by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Endocrine Disruptors - The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences has prepared this information.
- Endocrine Glands and Their Hormones - The National Cancer Institute offers this information.
- Endocrine Pathology - Images from the University of Utah's WebPath program.
- Endocrine System - The American Medical Association (AMA) created this learning module.
- EndocrineWeb - From the beginning, EndocrineWeb's goal has been to provide patients with accurate and current information about endocrine disorders. In clear, straightforward language, we explain the causes and symptoms of these disorders and how they can be treated. We are committed to presenting trustworthy, high-quality information.
- EndoText - Endotext.org is the web-based source of information on endocrine disease written by physicians and directed to physicians around the world caring for patients with these problems.
- Explore the Endocrine System - InnerBody provides diagrams and text to help explain the endocrine system and what it does.
- Free Health & Nutrition Clipart - FoodandHealth.com offers clip art for use (for free).
- Glucose Monitoring Devices - Food and Drug Administration.
- Guidelines for Endocrinology - American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists have issued guidelines for treatment of certain endocrine disorders.
- Hormone Health Network - Hormone Foundation offers extensive information about hormone-related issues.
- Hormones and the Environment - Tulane University offers e.Hormone, to help spread the word about hormone issues and the environment.
- Introduction to the Endocrine System - The National Cancer Institute offers this information.
- LabTestsOnline - The American Association for Clinical Chemistry lets you search by disease or by test name, to find out all about the test, and what the results mean.
- Menopause and Hormones - Information from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Metabolism and Weight Loss - Learn more from the Mayo Clinic.
- Myths vs Facts about Endocrine Disorders - This Hormone Foundation offers a review of three: Adrenal Fatigue, hCG Diet and Wilson's Syndrome.
- National Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Information Service - The National Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Information Service offers statistics, reasearch information and more.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) - (NIDDK) conducts and supports basic and clinical research on many of the most serious diseases affecting public health.
- Subway Map of the Metabolism - Courtesy of Popular Science.
- Thyroid Function Tests - Learn more from the American Thyroid Association.
- Thyroid Hormone Treatment - Info from the American Thyroid Association.
- Understanding Hormones - Psychology Today offers articles about hormones related to personality and behavior.
You can find me at the RowanSOM Library in Stratford. Email is best, or call me at 856-566-6936.