Adobe Spark is an online (currently free) tool that allows you to easily create graphics, printable media, web pages, and short videos using supplied templates. In this tutorial, we will create a single webpage that can be used for course projects or to post an announcement. To access Adobe Spark you will need to log on using your Rowan credentials. Please visit our tutorial Adobe Spark: Getting Started to learn how to log on and to create an account.
1) Once logged into Adobe Spark you will need to select a template to create a webpage. Select the View all link seen below.
2) Then you will see the follow tabs at the top of the page. Select Webpages
3) You will then see a list of webpage template options similar to the below image. In this example, select the first option which is the "Photo Journal" template.
3) Once you select the Photo Journal template you will see the below template that you can edit. You can add a title, subtitle, text, images and other media.
4) We entered text into the title and subtitle by positioning our cursor and typing
5) To add a photo to the header, select the + button icon as seen below
6) After you select the add photo button, you will be prompted to find or upload a photo. Spark has a built-in collection of images that are free to use. You can also upload your own file.
Let's try searching for a photo within the built-in collection. Select "Find Free Photos" below.
7) Once you select "Find free photos" search for your topic. Here we searched for "butterfly" and received the below options. I selected the second one down on the left column. The image will automatically fill the header.
8) To add text or media to your page, scroll down and a menu bar of options will pop up. (See below)
We will select the Text button to add text.
Below is a screen image showing the added text. Using the + icons you can insert additional media such as photos and video.
9) To publish the page select the Share tab and then select "Publish and share link" as seen below.
10) You wil then be asked to name the page and enter page credits. Then select the Create Link button to create publish the page.
You will then be forwarded to a page where you can copy the link to your new webpage. You can use the buttons to share the link through a variety of platforms.