- Download and save the install file to your MAC.
- Once downloaded, go to the "Downloads" folder click on the file labled "EndNoteX8SiteInstaller.dng".
- A new window will open. This window is "MULTI-USER & SITE LICENSE UNLOCKED INSTALLER". Drag the EndNote X8 folder on screen from left to right and into Applications as seen on screen.
- Double click the "Applications" folder to open it and go to the EndNote X8 folder.
- Open the EndNote X8 folder and click the EndNote Icon to launch the EndNote Customizer. The EndNote Customizer will install the program to completion; you should click on the "Next" when prompted. Make sure you are not running other applications during the install process.
Note that Apple's Safari browser does not work well with EndNote. It is recommended that either Firefox, Chrome or Explorer be used when working with EndNote.