Researcher Profiles are a free service of Rowan University Libraries hosted on the Rowan Digital Works Selected Works Author Gallery.
Full-time and clinical faculty of Rowan University are eligible for a Researcher Profile which highlights your research and publications. Profiles are visible to the world and help promote your research to funders, collaborators, and administrators.
Your profile will be created on the Selected Works platform by a librarian from your campus library using the information you provide. Please select the appropriate form below to request a profile:
Will all the publications I provide for my Researcher Profile be deposited in Rowan Digital Works?
All your publications will be displayed on your profile, but only Open Access publications are deposited in the Faculty Scholarship section of our institutional repository, Rowan Digital Works. Publishers hold copyright to publications that are not designated Open Access, and restrict usage to subscribers.
Will my CV be visible to the world on my profile?
If you provide a CV, users will be able to view and download it from your profile. Make sure to remove all personal information (home address, personal email, etc.).
How do I update my profile when I publish new work?
Contact us at email@example.com if you need an immediate profile update. Otherwise, we will review and update existing profiles annually using the platform's web harvesting tool.
Is the Researcher Profile system related to Research With NJ?
No, they are separate systems. Researcher Profiles are part of Rowan Digital Works, Rowan University's institutional repository created by the University Libraries, and Research with NJ is a state program that Rowan University no longer participates in.
What if I want to create my own profile?
Please see the next page for important things to keep in mind.
Important Instructions for Faculty Creating Their Own Profiles
1. Use your Rowan University email address to create your Selected Works account at works.bepress.com/login. If you prefer to be contacted using a different email address, note this in the introductory text field below your position title on the main page. If you don't know your Rowan email address, or get an error message when trying to create your account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
2. In the position title field below your name on the main page, enter your title, department, and organization. The organization is the school or college within Rowan University that you are affiliated with. For example: Assistant Professor, Mathematics; College of Science and Mathematics. Cooper Hospital affiliates should enter Cooper Medical School of Rowan University and SOM affiliates should enter Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine. The identical information must be entered/selected on the About page in the Position section - and be sure to check the boxes for "Current Position" and "Affiliate my profile with this Institution."
3. Use the Add Work function (Add a Link or Add Metadata options) to add your publications to your profile. Do not use the Upload File option to add works, even if you have a copy, because you may not be legally allowed to share your copy with the world. For journal articles, you must remove the link to the publisher site after the metadata is added, so that visitors without the proper credentials can't access the article. When you save the Work information, you should see an OpenURL button which will provide authentication for users.
4. On the About page, select the appropriate Discipline (academic field) from the list, and enter one or more keywords under Research Interests. This will enable your profile to be properly indexed so that people interested in your research area can find it.
5. When your profile is complete, contact email@example.com so it can be activated in the Selected Works Author Gallery and Expert Gallery pages to provide greater visibility of your profile. Also please let us know if you want a Collaborator and/or Mentor badge.