About the Rowan Libraries Digital Scholarship Center
The Rowan Libraries Digital Scholarship Center aims to be a crossroads of education, creativity, collaboration, and technology. It is a space where everyone in the Rowan community can access media design tools, library resources, and develop the expertise necessary for creating digital media projects. In the DSC, all members of the campus community have equal opportunity to develop digital scholarship projects, enhance their technological literacy, learn how to organize and present their research, and express themselves creatively in the digital world.
We offer a wide variety of services including:
- Assisting students and faculty with building, publishing, and curating sustainable digital scholarship projects and educational resources
- Developing and curating sustainable and freely accessible digital archives and interactive collections of educational material
- Developing cross-department collaborations and community-driven projects related to curriculum
- Creating experiential learning opportunities through real-world projects and interaction with the wider community
- Offering a wide variety of workshops and "talks" that extend creativity, learning, research, and publishing
- Access to high-end computers and equipment, which can be reserved for an individual and small groups (on hold due to Covid19)
- Support for student entrepreneurial startups and research groups
- Building and publishing learning resources that support project development, course projects, and online learning
- Support faculty partners in online learning, including course development and LMS support (See Tutorials)
The DSC's computer facility is generally available during all of the Library’s regular hours; however, during special events, such as workshops or lectures we may temporarily close the center. These events and times will be posted in the DSC the days leading up to the event. During the academic year, the available staffing hours may vary according to mid-terms, exam schedules and the availability of student support staff. The DSC may not be staffed over the summer, spring break or winter break.
We are located in Campbell Library, 3rd floor, room 343.
For more information about the Digital Scholarship Center please email email@example.com.